In this article, you will learn how to create a waste inventory from an existing active inventory. A separate inventory for the wasted products will be created.
- On the Module Menu, click Inventory and select View Inventory. You will be directed to the Inventory page.
- In the Inventory panel, use the fields to filter the existing inventories. You can use multiple fields as filter parameters. After defining the filters, click thebutton.
- The relevant search/filter results will appear on the list. Find the inventory that you intend to update.
- Click the Drop Down Menu and select Waste.
- The Waste window opens. In the Units field, enter the number of units that will be tagged as wasted.
- Click the button to save the changes.
- A Confirmation message will appear on the page indicating that the selected Inventory was successfully updated. A separate line item with Wasted status will also appear on the list with the number of wasted units as previously indicated.